Katherine Koppenhaver — Quick Facts
The most important criteria for a document examiner is the ability to do the job.
- Katherine Koppenhaver has demonstrateed her ability to analyze handwriting with a high degree of accuracy by participating in Proficiency Testing through Forensic Expertise Profiling Laboratory (FEPL)
- She has founded the International Association of Document Examiners (IADE).
- She is a Certified Forensic Document Examiner by the International Association of Document Examiners.
- Katherine Koppenhaver has handled over 3000 questioned document cases involving thousands of documents since 1983.
- She has an international clientele.
- She has testified in over 500 cases in court and deposition.
- She is consulted frequently by other document examiners for assistance with their cases.
- Mrs. Koppenhaver is the author of Attorney's Guide to Document Examination published by Greenwood Publishers. For an excerpt from the book, go to Collecting Exemplars.
- Mrs. Koppenhaver has written a college textbook entitled Forensic Document Examination, Principles and Practice, published by Springer.