Certified Forensic Document Examiner
Forensic Document Examiners, Inc. is dedicated to providing professional forensic services in the field of questioned documents. We work with attorneys, district attorneys, public defenders, police departments, investigators, banks, insurance companies, and other private entities, providing a wide range of document related services.
Katherine Mainolfi Koppenhaver
Forensic Document Examiners principal, Katherine Mainolfi Koppenhaver, is a Certified Forensic Document Examiner with more than 30 years of experience, and a published author.
- Given expert testimony in court and deposition in over 500 cases
- Handled over 3100 cases, involving thousands of documents since 1983
- Attorney's Guide to Document Examination published by Greenwood Publishers
- Forensic Document Examination, Principles and Practice, published by Springer.
- Founder and President of the International Association of Document Examiners (IADE)
- Founder of the Scientific Association of Forensic Examiners (SAFE)
Our full-time qualified staff provide document-related services:
- Authentication of documents through handwriting comparison
- Comparison of typewritten and computer-generated documents
- Identification of altered documents including photocopies
- Determination of line sequence and indented writing
- Identification of inserted and substituted material
- "Reading" under whiteout or other obliterated material
In a wide variety of questioned document cases:
- Counterfeit documents and forged checks
- Fraudulent wills and signature identification
- Anonymous letters and synchronous writing
- Medical malpractice
In addition, we provide the following services:
- Expert testimony • Exhibit preparation • Micro-photography • Research & Consulting
Forensic Document Examiners has the ability to handle any size case in a timely manner. Learn more about how we handle your case.